At Dr. Korthals and Associates, we are pleased to offer a wide range of optometry services for our community! Our experienced optometrists can provide you with thorough eye evaluations, determine if you need corrective lenses and your exact prescription strength, fit you with the appropriate specialty eyewear, and help you pick out the most flattering pair of glasses for your face shape and skin tone.
Our new patient appointments always begin with a comprehensive eye exam. If you are unsure of your family’s eye health history, it’s helpful to research beforehand, so we can better evaluate your own eye health. [Visit our online patient center to download supplemental forms you can fill out before your appointment.] If you have never had a comprehensive exam, don’t worry! All the tests and exercises are simple and painless.
Comprehensive eye exams may include:
- Testing visual acuity or refractive error
- Pupil evaluation with or without dilation
- Examination of peripheral visual field
- Color vision testing
- Analysis of the visual systems
- Examination of the external parts of the eye
- Intraocular pressure measurement
- Examination of the health of the entire eye
Our Optometric Services:
- Comprehensive eye exams
- Contact lens fittings
- Diagnosis and treatment of eye disease
- Specialized testing and care for cataracts, glaucoma, and others
- Urgent Care Exams for “Red” Eye or “Pink” Eye
- Pediatric Eye Care
- Eye emergencies
- Foreign object removal
- Evaluation and Co-Management of Lasik and PRK
- Evaluation and Co-Management of Cataract Surgery
We can answer your questions about optometry services, our eye care practice, eye health products, and more.
Schedule your eye exam today by requesting an appointment online, or by calling our office.
LASIK & Cataract Evaluation & Co-Managment
Many patients are interested in refractive surgery options including Lasik, PRK, refractive lens exchanges, and other options. We also evaluate patients who are experiencing reduced vision because of developing cataracts. In each case, we can provide and evaluation of the eye’s suitability for each surgery option and offer advice on whether you are a likely to achieve your goals with eye surgery. We do extensive pre-surgery testing, provide recommendations and referrals, and then co-manage the post-operative follow-ups. We have found that some surgeons consistently produce better results than others. We work with some of the very best laser and cataract surgeons to maximize the likelihood of excellent outcomes for each of our patients.